Monday, December 19, 2011

Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara






I always think it's quite hard to find a waterproof mascara that masters both being actually waterproof and effective in terms of how it looks on the lashes, but this one manages to do both. I was pleasantly surprised at the results of this mascara, both for the way that it looked and how it didn't budge when I came into contact with water. I really like the finish of the mascara, it's not as dramatic as other mascaras that I may use but it effectively separates out lashes and coats them well to give lots of definition and volume that lasts all day. 


Here are the lashes without mascara...


And here they are after one coat...


The mascara is lengthening and provides strong definition at the base of the lashes. I tested it by rinsing my face with water and the mascara stayed in place, it was only when the temperature of the water increased that it started to smudge. It is quick to apply and after one coat you achieve great results and I didn't find it fussy or difficult to apply accurately, perhaps this is down to the shape of the wand - it's not too big and it doesn't cling to lots of product, it has a soft rounded shape making it easy to coat lashes. 



Like with all Bourjois products, I think this mascara is great value for the quality of the product (£9.49), and it totally does what it says it is going to do - maximising lashes and giving them glamourous appeal whilst also being effectively waterproof.

Mascara reviewed by Kate Gowing. Thanks Kate. x

No comments:

Post a Comment