Sunday, October 30, 2011

Paperself Eyelashes

I have just been given these amazing eyelashes as a gift from a friend and am absolutely in love with them. They are from a company called Paperself, which I had never heard of before but have since looked them up and they have a fantastic range of original and innovative eyelashes available. As it stands, I have no idea where or what I will wear them to, perhaps I will just keep them on display if no event merits the lashes but I totally love them. I think it is great how interesting and creative the lashes are and just wanted to share them with you because they got me excited and it was refreshing to see something different. I love the horse ones, but I have my eyes on the peach blossom ones too, I think they would be brilliant for a costume party. I also like how the lashes are inspired by the art of Chinese paper cutting, with each lash style having Chinese symbolic meanings - the horse ones are a symbol of success for example.



Paperself have been getting quite a bit of press recently and are becoming more widely available, in stores over London as well as online (I think my friend got mine from the V&A), for people who are not in London you can get them on their website (here) or from ASOS.com.  Let me know what you guys think to them, where would you wear them to?

Here is one of Sam's tutorials from April 2010, where she uses the Paperself lashes.


Post written by Kate Gowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment